2. Vessels are required to operate at a slow, no wake speed, within 100 feet from any raft, dock, occupied swim area,achored or moorded vessels, and people in the water. The speed limit for an inland lake is 55 M.P.H.
3. Watercraft shall travel in a counter-clockwise direction around the lake.
4. An operator of a vessel shall not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
5. Occupants of a vessel shall not sit or stand in an area not build to be stood or sat upon while the boat is underway,i.e. seatbacks, decks, bow and gunwales.
6. Watercraft must have proper lighting from sunset to sunrise and during periods of restricted visibility.
7. A Personal Watercraft(PWC) may be operated during the hours between 8:00 AM until sunset.
8. Persons born after December 31, 1978 must have a Boaters Safety Certificate when operating a PWC. The minimum age for operating a PWC is 14 with a parent or 16 without a parent. To operate a (non-PWC) motorized boat over 6 H.P., the operator must be a minimum age of 12 with a boaters safty certificate until age 16.
9. A PWC may not cross the wake of another non PWC watercraft with 150 feet of the boat's stern unless at a slow no wake speed.
10. Water skiing is legal between 1 hour before sunrise until 1 hour after sunset. An observer other than the operator of the vessel is requied.
For further information contact the Barry County Sheriff's Department or visit htt://boat-ed.com/handbook/index.htm